Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Emotional Siamese Jasper, Support needed
nickels
post Feb 27 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 2,024

Hi! It's been a while since I was here. I've been so busy and Jasper has been doing fine. He and Frankee are still inseprable until now.

Nickels was half siamese but broke all the emotional rolls of the breed. He was self assured and had no problem with strangers to say the least.

For the past two weeks we have been doing a major remodel to our Condo so that we can get it on the market. Jasper is NOT stranger friendly and will hide everyday. After the first day he through a hissy fit when he came out and found out all of his things and been moved by strange men. I mean he tore through everything and this is the most upset I've ever seen a cat, MAD!! I've also figured out he must have been emotionally abused when he was an infant by a man. He doesn't like them at all. Sorry guys!

So I spent 2 hours that night at bed time talking to what a good boy he was and snuggling. He's two years old now but needs to "suckle" on my finger at night. Does anyone else's kitty do this? I don't let him all the time but he acts like a two week old kitten when he does it. I must be a site because he is about 15 pounds, has my finger in his mouth wrapped in a wash cloth and protection for his "kneading" claws. His eyes closed, and purring to beat the band.

I'm losing sleep! He hides all day in a pre-prepared "safe place" and won't come out until night time. Today was the worst. We had to move a dresser that took 3 men an hour. Didn't think we'd ever get it down the stairs! I let things calm down after the electrician left then bribed Jasper out with his favorite meal of albacore, and eggyolk. He's acting fine now but we have about another week of this then... we... move. We're moving out to a beautiful lake in a place we bought last summer that is totally stripped. We have built a cat room that looks over the lake but other than that, there is NOTHING in the building so we will be starting over with tons of new people coming in and out. I'm DREADING the stress that this will put on Jasper and don't know how he will make it!

I'm going to first make a hiding place for him with my t shirts in it. Spend a couple of days without people telling him about "HIS" new place. Let he and Frankee have the run of the house exploring it together.

I'm just finding out how emotional the siamese breed can be! I'm drained! He is still Frankee's best buddy but where Frank is in the middle of the action, Jasper hides all day.

Someone PLEASE tell me I'm a good kitty Mom and I'll take any suggestions from my old friends that I can get!

I'm including a picture of the view from the cat room. Hope it loads properly!

You can see my old posts on the new beginnings first page at the bottom called "Big Boy Jasper".

Congratulations on all your new adoptions!
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Nickels a.k.a Pickels
7-6-94 to 8-28-06
I have loved you forever!

Nickels story
http://lightning-strike.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4242
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nickels
post Feb 27 2010, 08:04 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,024

Outside edge of the cat room. Kind of hard to see but the entire room is the size of a large one car garage. Mostly windows. We will be adding two layers of shelves over the windows with cat posts in between the windows. I'm too old for this and if I survive, I will NEVER move again!
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Nickels a.k.a Pickels
7-6-94 to 8-28-06
I have loved you forever!

Nickels story
http://lightning-strike.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4242

+Quote Post
katzen11
post Apr 7 2010, 11:50 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,125

hallo smile.gif

I have not been here some time, too,
but I can tell for sure, that You are very good kitty-mom!
so please accept my best wishes for You, Jasper, Frankee (and Your hb)
Your`s
Eva

--------------------
in loving memory of my sweet babycat Felice
+ 8 december 2006

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:48 PM