IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Flower Essence Usage Guide - Instructions For Cats Especially, - but also for other creatures, including humans
Furkidlets' Mom
post Feb 11 2009, 02:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 961

This is a good webpage (below) about flower essence use in cats, giving you fairly precise info. on how to dilute/mix and dose for felines. (dogs aren't normally as sensitive to the small amt. of alcohol used in the FE "stock bottles" as a preservative). The way it's mixed for cats can ALSO, however, be just as effectively used for both other creatures (even birds, for example - though, being much smaller, they'd only get ONE drop of the mixture at a time) and even humans, who would also take about 4 drops/dose, normally under the tongue. Dogs can be dosed the same as cats or just like humans if you can drop the mixture straight into their mouths. You can also do with your cat, if s/he's okay with that. Mine were, plunked on their sides on my lap, then peeling back one side of their lip. Only 2-4 drops of the diluted mixture is needed PER dose (see webpage for daily dose amts). I used 2 drops/dose if the dosing was direct, but 4 drops if it was just left in their water bowl each day, or put in a regular plate of food; 2 drops if on a small treat. But there are also other methods, as you'll read on the included webpage and below.

Flower essences, including the newer crystal, gem or spirit essences (the latter mentioned on the webpage, as well; if I had cats again, I'd definitely try these new SPIRIT essences which sound wonderful and even easier to use!! and Dr. Hofve is a very well respected vet.) work using the same fundamental principles as homeopathics. They work, and this is a fact, whether you believe in these highly intelligent systems of thought/treating dis-ease, or not. They are NOT placebos or quackery.

If making up a BLEND for anyone, no more than 5 different FEs at a time is normally recommended. If RESCUE REMEDY is to be a part of that blend (though it's usually used on its own, as it's already a blend & can be used in emergencies &/or when you don't have time yet to make a more individualized blend), it is the only one treated somewhat differently, ONLY in that you would add FOUR drops of it into the dosage bottle/mixture. But even if you forget and only add 2 drops, it will still work okay.

You must also pre-sterilize the dropper bottle and dropper each time you make up a new mixture. I did this by putting purified water in the washed 2oz. dropper bottle (W/O the dropper!) microwaving it for as many seconds as needed to get the water bubbling (watch CAREFULLY so it doesn't 'explode' and spray all the water right out!! - 23 secs. on HIGH worked in my microwave), removing it and popping on the dropper top, squeezing the dropper to fill it with the water, then letting it sit on first its one 'side' for 2 mins., then turning it to sit on its other 'side' for another 2 mins. Dump THAT water out of each, w/o touching any inner parts with your fingers, fill again as per stated in instructions on the webpage with more purified water, add the essences, succuss the bottle as stated, and you're good to go. Once you get used to it (like maybe doing it 2 times), it's easy-peasy and takes all of 5 mins. The longer part is prechoosing your essences.

You can also use any kind of PURIFIED water such as Reverse Osmosis water, Distilled water, or Spring water (only if you're sure of the purity of it), but never tap water, from which to make up your mixture.

Dosing using the "rubbing method" can also be accomplished by rubbing the drops onto their paw pads, which some cats find less annoying than onto their ear flaps (the OUTER part of their ears). Some people also use a fine mister to spray once/dose onto their cat's entire body, but then most cats don't LIKE being misted, so it's all about what works best for you and yours. Plus, you'd also have to try and sterilize a plastic spray bottle - not as easy. However, you can use the spray method as an adjunct (per their suggestions) to more direct dosing, in which case sterilization isn't as crucial.

Be sure not to "contaminate" the bottle or the dropper by allowing the bottle's lip or dropper itself to touch any other surface. If the dropper happens to touch your animal's body or your fingers, rinse the dropper under a stream of purified water for a few seconds before putting it back in the bottle, lest you contaminate the entire mixture. Store the bottle in the fridge if there are no preservatives (some folks use a certain, small amt. of apple cider vinegar as a preservative for FE mixtures, but it's not really recommended for cats who can become ill from vinegar) and only the water as a base. I always used strictly water.

I'm posting this page so I don't have to keep repeating myself about FEs and their usage in various threads or in PMs, to those interested in trying them.

FE's can often be found in health food stores or many other online sources. Bach FEs aren't the only brand around, either. There are MANY excellent sources of them, including F.E.S. Flower Society (I'd done another post on one of their new essences in this same Forum before), Anaflora, Perelandra, the few brands Teresa Wagner uses herself, and many others now, too. I've used a number of these, ALL to good effect. Bach is often just easier to find locally.

Bach Flower Remedies (from House Full of Cats)

Your animals will love you even MORE for using this type of healing method for them!! happy.gif wub.gif

--------------------
"I dropped a tear in the ocean. The day you find it is the day I will stop missing you."

[center]~Anonymous~

<div align="center">"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"[/center]

~Fleur Conkling Heylinger~

>^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^<

"For one species to mourn the death of another is a noble thing"

~Aldo Leopold~

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Life is life - whether in a cat, or dog or man. There is no difference there between a cat or a man. The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage. ~Sri Aurobindo

Spay now or pay later, the interest is killing us.

</span></div>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:18 AM