Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cat
catncamo
post Apr 12 2011, 03:04 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,064

I just want my baby back!! 2 weeks ago, Cat went missing. The rain has been washing away his missing posters and any scent of kitty litter i leave outside. I walk the neighborhood every night, calling out his name.. but no sign of him sad.gif . i pass dozens of other cats... but not mine. I'm losing hope, and dont know how to feel.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheryl83
post Apr 12 2011, 06:50 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,508

I'm so sorry your precious Cat is missing. But, please, do not give up hope. I've heard stories of cats being missing for months on end and then they just show up out of the blue. Please keep trying and doing everything you can. Perhaps you can ask shops and shelters to put up posters? Maybe post some posters through neighbors postboxes, so that they can keep a look out? I'm not very experienced with this kind of thing, as it's never happened to me, so I can't offer any great advice. But what I can do is keep my fingers crossed, and keep you and Cat in my prayers and thoughts.

Please, keep us updated on the situation, and don't give up.

Cheryl xx

--------------------
It broke our hearts to lose you, but you didn't go alone,
For parts of us went with you ... the day God called you home

My beautiful Angel, Daisy - I will love and miss you forever xx

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Apr 12 2011, 03:31 PM
Post #3

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, catncamo, you are doing everything you can to help find your precious Cat. Cheryl has made some very good suggestions. Also, sometimes the local news stations and radio stations announce "Lost Pets" on their broadcasts as public service announcements, so you might want to contact them to see what their policy is.

Cheryl is so right about not giving up. If the posters get faded by the rain, keep putting up new posters. Go door to door, go the local shops and businesses, in addition to the local shelters, pet stores, and veterinarian hospitals and providers.

I do understand how worried you are, for I know first hand as a little girl many eons of years ago what it's like to have a beloved companion go missing. He was gone 6 months, and then he showed up on the porch the night before my birthday. So, hang in here, and please know we are here for you.

Please know you and your precious Cat are in my thoughts and prayers, catncamo, and please let us know how things are going.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
catncamo
post Apr 20 2011, 03:13 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,064

oh my god, Cat is home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

I walk my dog every night, hanging new signs, and calling out for him. Cat has SUCH a loud meow, and i have been telling my husband i can hear hime meow at night. So I'm walking my dog and i can hear him as if he were standing next to me. I stop, call out his name and the meow gets even louder. I started freaking out, my heart was pounding, I started crying (which all made my dog start freaking out), I started pacing around to find where it was comng from. He's inside somewhere.. not just on the street. It was the house RIGHT BEHIND MINE!

So it's 2:30am.. i ran to the door and started knocking. I called my husband, my co-worker who just TODAY told me she had a dream i found Cat, the local police dept (who says dont do anything til the a.m.). Ok... i plant myself and my dog right outside where Cat can see us. I cant just leave him after 3 1/2 weeks missing, I just cant. So about 10 minutes go by and a car pulls into their driveway! omg, what is my luck. I try not to run up to them and scare them. It's a girl about my age (mid 20s) by herself and i ask if she lives there. Yes. Ok, my cat is in your basement, he's been missing almost a month. She says her grandmom loves animals and keeps strays all the time.. to follow her and show which one is him. I run to my yard, tie my dog to the fence, run back and start calling him. With the other girl there, Cat was very scared to come out of hiding. It took maybe 5-10 minutes to lure him out. As soon as he smelled my hand he started purring! I picked him up, thanking the girl over and over and over. The ONLY reason she was coming home at that time was it's her birthday and she was out celebraring otherwise she never would have even been there! the timing is amazing, and i am SO SO SO happy to have my baby back home.

I'm shaking from relief and excitement and just so many emotions running through me. My dog and other cat have been giving cat so many kisses. I'm so happy to have my family all back together.

I want to give each of you with missing pets hope. Cat was gone for 3 1/2 weeks and he is now back. dont ever stop looking!

+Quote Post
Peggy's Human
post Apr 20 2011, 08:46 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,037

[quote name='catncamo' date='Apr 20 2011, 04:13 AM' post='64489']
oh my god, Cat is home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

Dear Catncamo,

I am SO Happy for you! Reading about your finding Cat and finally reuniting brought tears to my eyes. What a happy ending to a scary, sad story! Thank you so much for taking the time to post an update and let us know that your beloved Cat is back where he belongs. And good for you, being so assertive and taking action even though it was the middle of the night! No wonder he called to you, he realized his Mom would never leave him if he could just let you know where he was! What a wonderful story to read first thing in the morning. I hope you and Cat have an opportunity to spend some time catching up today and making up for the lost time and stress you both experienced with the enforced absence.

Take care (of you both) and thank you so much for giving me something to smile about this morning!

Peggy (the human)

+Quote Post
Cheryl83
post Apr 20 2011, 01:59 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 6,508

I just knew you'd find him smile.gif

I'm so, so happy for you. And for him. Thanks for letting us know the great news.

Cheryl x

--------------------
It broke our hearts to lose you, but you didn't go alone,
For parts of us went with you ... the day God called you home

My beautiful Angel, Daisy - I will love and miss you forever xx

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Apr 26 2011, 04:11 PM
Post #7

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Catncamo, I'm just getting caught up on your news - - HOW WONDERFUL!!! I am so o o THRILLED for you that you have Cat back home. I know it has been several days already, but I know the celebration continues. Thank you so much for sharing your W O N D E R F U L news with us!!!

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:13 AM