12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> It's A Tuxedo Girl, a new friend to comfort me over losing my Danny boy
Tom's Dad
post Oct 27 2013, 10:08 AM
Post #181

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,946

Hello DannysMom. Sunny but cold Sunday greetings.

Thank you for sharing Miss Mindy's doings with us. It sounds heart warming smile.gif Chuckling at her and Shelly playing "chase me" as that is a favorite of Theresa and Tang many a morning. I hope today treats you all kindly. TTFN

TTT

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Oct 27 2013, 12:44 PM
Post #182

Member No.: 7,464

Tom's Dad, thanks for stopping by! smile.gif I bet Tang and Theresa are having as much fun playing "chase" as my Mindy and Shelley. It just always makes me laugh when they gallop around and try to catch one another. When I got home from the pet cemetery I opened the window for my girls as it is real nice outside and in the low 60s. I just had to get a photo of my girls sitting in the window together. Shelley was in her usual spot in the corner and Mindy was busy grooming herself. Keeping her shiny, silky coat looking good is hard work! smile.gif She really does have a wonderfully soft and silky coat, almost like rabbit's fur.

Attached Image

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Nov 6 2013, 07:35 AM
Post #183

Member No.: 7,430

Hi DannysMom

It is so good to hear that Mindy is doing loads better. She certainly looks happy laying there cleaning herself in the sun by the window.

Wasn't it Mindy who tended to stay away from the lap to start with? and now it looks like she is really starting to enjoy her time on your lap rolleyes.gif Very relaxed now I would say and at home. It is nice to hear how she licks Shelly too as that is showing her caring side.

What is miss Mindy up to today?

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Nov 9 2013, 12:10 PM
Post #184

Hello xxForeverxx, yes, I am glad too that Mindy is doing so much better. She just LOVES that "Paw Lickin' Chicken" cat food by Weruva. Shelley eat it too, but she still likes dry food better, which is why she has gained weight! ohmy.gif

You are right, Mindy was the one who only occasionally climbed on my lap, but lately she has been doing it pretty much daily. I was up late last night, just relaxing, and watching an old movie, and Mindy hopped in my lap and started purring so loud. She is so content to sit with me and I really enjoy it. She just does things in her own quiet way. This morning she was very vocal again as is her habit on a Saturday. I think she is just so happy to have me home. I threw one of her little toy mice in her play paper bag and she went right in after it and retrieved the mouse. With cats the cheapest toys seem to be the best. A plain old paper bag will do just fine! smile.gif I used to let Mindy play with the plastic rings from milk bottles, but she would chew up the plastic so bad and so I had to take them away from her. Mindy is a "chewer". To my dismay she has chewed on quite a few of my books. And she will probably try to chew again on my fake Christmas tree.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Nov 16 2013, 11:45 AM
Post #185

Miss Mindy is giving me cause for concern. Yesterday and today she has been very restless, running around and attacking her tail. She gets so annoyed when her tail starts to twitch. Last night she had settled down on my lap and then her tail started twitching. She got so annoyed that she jumped off my lap. Mindy hid under the bed for a while, but not for long. She was so restless and constantly running about. For a while she was playing chase with Shelley. Her restlessness really concerns me. I may just have to order some calming medicine for her that I saw online. Mindy was more calm earlier in the week. She slept on my lap and it was so sweet how she placed her paw on my arm.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Nov 16 2013, 06:00 PM
Post #186

Hi DannysMom.

Sorry to hear about Mindy's restlessness. If it helps, Tang has been doing that (chasing around the apartment) each evening as I prepare for my shower, and sometimes early in the morning. He always calms down though. Maybe they know something we don't? Hope you and your girls are well. TTFN

TTT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Nov 23 2013, 03:49 PM
Post #187

Tom's Dad, I think Mindy's restlessness is different. Her twitching tail really seems to bother her and she can't lie still and just gets up and runs around. She has calmed down some, but it still does bother her from time to time. I just have to keep an eye on it and maybe ask the vet next time I take her. Mindy did so well today when I trimmed her nails. I was extra careful this time with her two "thumbs" and she held fairly still. It's just a bit difficult for one person to do this. I tried to take some pictures of her earlier, but she would turn her head every time, so that was a bit frustrating. But I got one good picture of Mindy in her white "bib". She just looks so cute with her white bib and white socks. Now she is resting and just taking it easy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Nov 24 2013, 05:17 PM
Post #188

Miss Mindy snuck quietly inside the little condo today. This is the first time I have seen her do that. She didn't stay long, but long enough for me to get a good picture of her. Isn't she cute? smile.gif

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Nov 24 2013, 06:25 PM
Post #189

Yup. Adorable smile.gif

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Dec 14 2013, 02:02 PM
Post #190

From Mindy's diary: What is this?! Why did mommie put this silly looking hat on my head? Help! I look so ridiculous! My mommie says that I look so cute and that I won't have to wear this silly thing again, just so she could get one picture of me. And now she is posting it on the Internet! I am soooo embarassed! And I think I heard Shelley quietly snickering.

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Dec 21 2013, 12:16 PM
Post #191

Mindy developed two big, red, raised bumps on her head again. Sigh! This time on the left side. I've been putting ointment on her and it does help. The bumps have shrunk down, but they are still red and crusty.
It was so cute when she tried to open the cabinet door with her paw this morning. I stood there and smiled and watched in fascination. It's as if Danny was back for a moment. She has never done this before. And then she hissed at the cabinet several time and attacked it. I told her there were no ghosts in there and opened it up, but she didn't believe me and hissed at it again after I had closed it. Mindy is quite happy to have me home again this weekend. She always get so vocal and seems so happy on Saturdays. When I left for work yesterday she gave me a long sad look and I felt so guilty for "abandoning" her. She is a very sweet kitty and she makes the cutest sounds with her little baby voice.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Dec 21 2013, 12:36 PM
Post #192

Hi DannysMom.

Sorry to hear about the bumps on Mindy's head coming back. Sounds like some kind of allergy. I'm glad the ointment helps. And the hat is just too cute happy.gif

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Dec 21 2013, 01:41 PM
Post #193

Member No.: 7,430

Hi DannysMom

Haha she lookslike she does not want to move and is in shock having that hat on! laugh.gif Very festive though.

I am sorry to hear she has developed a couple more lumps. Do you reckon its her dermatitis?

When I saw Mindy was opening the cabinet door I immediately thought of your Danny. I remember when you first told me about this and then my Ellie started doing it and now every time Ellie does it I also think of Danny. What a clever girl.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Dec 26 2013, 12:37 PM
Post #194

Tom's Dad, and xxForeverxx, thanks for stopping by. xxForeverxx, you are right about Mindy being in shock. That little hat had a rubber band that went under the chin and it was a bit tight so that is why she has that strange look on her face that says:"I can't move!" I took it off right away though and she is fine. I think her lumps are dermatitis, some kind of allergy, but they have healed up almost completely. They sure did look nasty though, all red and crusty looking. I have not seen anything like this before on a cat.

How sweet of Ellie to open the cabinet doors! smile.gif That must be the mother in her trying to provider for Fudge and Pixie. It's funny, but Mindy hasn't tried to open the cabinet doors since. She did it just that one day, December 21. Today though she is imitating Danny in another way. She has started to shred the wrapping paper that I left for her. And she has been sitting on it as well. Isn't she cute?

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Dec 28 2013, 12:04 PM
Post #195

I took Miss Mindy to the vet today for her rabies shot, and she did so good. She even lost a bit of weight, down to 12.63 from 12.99. Well, "only" about 3 more pounds to go, sigh! But I am so glad she hasn't gained any more weight. She seems to do real well on the Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken canned food. Today of course it's been two years since Danny died, and I dreaded going to the vet on this day of all things. Mindy meowed a bit on the way there, and so I re-assured her that it was just a routine visit. On the way back she just laid her head down and looked at me with those big golden eyes. She is a sweetie! smile.gif Shelley greeted her little sister real nice and sniffed on her for the strange smells.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Dec 28 2013, 01:09 PM
Post #196

Hi DannysMom.

So glad to hear Miss Mindy got a good "report card" at the vet. That's wonderful smile.gif Shelley greeting her at the door was sweet too. Hope you all are doing well.

TTT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Dec 29 2013, 04:13 PM
Post #197

Tom's Dad, thanks for stopping by. We are doing well except for Miss Mindy. She threw up this morning and didn't eat much yesterday. I think it must be hairball problems or perhaps a reaction to the rabies vaccine. Mindy is a lot quieter today. She has been napping all day which is easy to do on a gray, rainy day. I've snuggled with her off and on, burying my face in her soft, fluffy fur which she doesn't seem to mind.

Today is a special day for Mindy and I. It was two years ago today that I adopted her, but I had to wait for her spay surgery before I could take her home. She and her orange tabby brother had been picked up as strays, so they must have spent Christmas outdoors that year. She was about 5 months old and so tiny for her age. I am so glad I adopted her. She is such a sweet little cat. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Dec 29 2013, 04:32 PM
Post #198

Hello DannysMom.

Sorry to hear Miss Mindy is throwing up sad.gif Tang has been too and I'm hoping it's just hairballs. I'm going to try mixing the hairball control/digestion aid paste with the wet food to see if it helps. I hope she feels better soon, and that you Shelley and her get to enjoy some quality time on her anniversary with you.

TTT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jan 11 2014, 12:36 PM
Post #199

Tom's Dad, my Mindy is feeling better. It must have been just a hairball or something. The hairball paste is good, but you don't want to give them too much of it as that can cause diarrhea. Mindy had a big blackhead under her chin which got a bit infected so I had to use the ointment again. But it is healing up now.
Last Sunday she was so loving. Mindy hopped up on my lap and laid on her back while I rubbed her tummy. She looked up at me with those big golden eyes as if to say:"I love you mom! You are the best!" She was so comfy on my lap and enjoyed being petted. She even started suckling on my sweater again. Mindy grabbed one of my arms with both paws and just suckled on my sweater. She does that every once in a while. I read they do that when they get separated from their cat mom too early. Mindy is so happy to have me home today. She is very talkative, wants to be loved and play.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jan 12 2014, 03:11 PM
Post #200

For some reason Mindy wants to play rough with Shelley today. When Shelley sat down by the window Mindy jumped on there and started whacking Shelley with her paw. Shelley protested loudly, like "Hey sis, I'm just sitting here!" She soon jumped off and Mindy went right after her, jumping on her back. She didn't hiss at Shelley, so maybe she just wanted to play rough, but it sure scared Shelley and she hid. Shelley is such a sensitive and gentle cat and she doesn't understand Mindy's need to rough house with her.

--------------------

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:24 PM