Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Falkor Went Swimming!?!?!
Steph
post Jul 23 2004, 09:47 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 363

I can't believe this news!

Falkor is currently up in northern Ontario with my mother. The heat and humidity of the city really seem to worsen his chronic health problems.

Yesterday my mother called me mid-day to tell me that Falkor had gone swimming. This really is something. If any of you had seen Falkor's previous reaction to water you would be as stunned about this as I am.

It was always Luba who went swimming. Falkor HATED the water. He didn't even put his feet in. If we went to the beach it was always Luba and I in the water, and Falkor would sit patiently on the sand, giving the occaisional tail wag. If anyone even suggested that he go in he would back off and wander away.

Apparently yesterday he just swam right in alongside my mother . This is great news because a little bit of swimming is really good for his arthritis.

It's so strange. He's doing more and more of the things that Luba used to do. He now goes to the door and barks when the mail arrives, he comes up to greet everyone first thing in the morning. He never used to do these things.

Looks like my "Big Guy" is full of surprises!

--------------------
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today."
- Watership Down, Richard Adams
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Jul 23 2004, 12:26 PM
Post #2

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

wow, that is pretty cool actually. i wonder why the change of heart? it is great exercise for arthritis for sure.

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

While all people here help each other, there are
times where an advanced degree of help may be needed.

If at any time you feel overwhelmed or consumed
by grief, it is always best to seek professional help.

+Quote Post
LittleGirl's...
post Jul 25 2004, 09:03 AM
Post #3

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 274

I am happy to hear this news! smile.gif Keep us posted!

--------------------
Compassion for all animals. www.earthlings.com

+Quote Post
Muffins
post Jul 26 2004, 04:21 PM
Post #4

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 245

Hi Steph:

I was thrilled to hear the news of Falkor taking a swim, just like Luba always did.... biggrin.gif

It is true, sometimes "the ones that are left behind, sometimes do the things that our babies that have
gone to Rainbow's Bridge, have done".....

It is a very happy thing for sure!!! wub.gif

I know that you are having a tough time right now..... My thoughts and prayers are with you, Steph.

God Bless!

Love, Denise

--------------------
Our Beloved Girl, Ernestine (AKA) "Ernie-Bird"
April, 1984 - February 7, 2004
***AFFA***
Forever, you will ALWAYS live on in our hearts!
DEPARTED FROM EARTH, NEVER FORGOTTEN.... Love, Mom & Dad xoxoxoxoxo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." Immanuel Kant

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight" Albert Schweitzer

+Quote Post
Ann H
post Nov 6 2004, 01:18 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 538

Wow my sister always told me that a lot of times the dog that is left behind or a new dog you might get takes on the personality of the one you have loved and lost. It almost leaves me with the chills when I hear stories like this. Could it be, or does the other one know they bring comfort somehow by doing what you loved from your baby so much.
Ann

--------------------

My girls went to the Rainbow Bridge 6 weeks and 3 days apart.
Snookie had cushing's disease, and later developed diabetes. Both had cancer, Snookie had cancer of the liver, and Chili Bean had cancer of the pallet. Chili Bean was our son's chihuahua but we kept her often throughout her life and she stayed with us for the last 9 months of her life. Chili Bean also had asthma and heart failure. We will see you in Heaven my precious darlings.

Snookie Lynn Howard
2-04-94 - 12-26-04

Senorita Chili Bean Bubbles Howard
11-05-94 - 11-11-04

+Quote Post
BabyHannahsMom
post Nov 7 2004, 11:13 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 308

I am going through that now Ann with Maggie. It is so strange! She sounds like Hannah when she barks. She "sings" like Hannah did when she gets excited. She does lots of things that remind me of Hannah. It gives me the feeling that somehow Hannah sent her here to me!?!?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:58 AM