Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kitkat
Walk Alone
post Dec 15 2010, 01:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,880

After Jet (avatar) passed, I was in no hurry to adopt another cat. His loss continues to be very painful. However, I foster cats for a local shelter and one in particular was having problems getting over some sort of respiratory infection. She had been on three medications from the shelter vets with no improvement. I finally took her to my own vet, and a medication they provided is doing the trick. Thank goodness!

KitKat is deaf, blind in one eye, and has permanent damage to her nasal cavity due to the infection. Plus, she is a black cat, and they are least likely to be adopted. Since she fits in so nicely with my furry family and since the shelter she is from is not no-kill, I have welcomed KitKat as a permanent resident. smile.gif

Sorry for the poor cell phone picture.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Dec 15 2010, 05:54 PM
Post #2

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Walk Alone, congratulations on your new family member!! I am so glad that KitKat has you for her mom. I do so hope that the meds will continue to help her with the respiratory infection. May you have a very long, happy, healthy life together. And I know that your precious Jet had an angelic hand in this union. Please do let us know how KitKat is doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
madi
post Dec 17 2010, 07:15 AM
Post #3

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,207

I think she's gorgeous, I love black cats. I am so glad you decided to keep her, the dear little thing, she will have a kind and loving home with you and the care she needs. Sorry for your loss of Jet, I know how hard it is to lose something you love so very much.
I hope the meds continue to work well for KitKat, good luck with her, I hope you have a long and happy life together xx

madi xx

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 09:00 PM