Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Peta Would Never Approve
Dusty Moonrise
post Apr 12 2010, 09:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 5,909

Peta would never approve of my little Jack Russell Terror, Fancy! I need to keep a "kill list" posted on the fridge, just in case she is falsely accused for a crime which she did not commit! To date there has been slain by my little (ahem) darling: 4 snakes, three of which were poisonous, 3 birds, 1 half grown racoon, mice too numerous to count, 2 moles, 1 shrew, crickets, beetles, red wasps, and uncounted other insectivorous beasties, toads unaccounted for, except for the one she so generously deposited in the middle of my bed one night (see earlier post), worms, just yesterday a small squirrell, and as I type this, a tiger beetle that she is at this moment barking and snapping at, right next to my left ankle! Oh, the pure energy, the joy of seeing such a fiercely burning bright little warrior! After losing my little Bitsy, how could I ever love another? By being blessed with a tightly wound little dynamite comes in a small package Jack Russell Terror! Jack, I don't know whether to thank you or spank you for unleashing this particular breed on an unsuspecting world! Gotta go, there is something biting at tha ankle!

Dusty
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Apr 14 2010, 10:41 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,211

Dusty,

It is obvious you have your hands full with Fancy! Sounds like she must keep you on your toes.

I have a cat who is about the same. Snakes, birds, grasshoppers, bees, flys, bunnies, mice, moles, squirrels. He has not CAUGHT any squirrels or pheasants yet but he sure THINKS he will one day.

I intended for him to be an indoor kitty but he is having no part of that (except when the snow is deep & it is very cold out). We also live on some acerage out in the country now and he and the dog love it even more than we do I think. They were not happy when we were in our townhouse in a big city & had to be restricted. Isn't it a joy to watch them be free and enjoy life?

I know you will always miss Bitsy but what pleasure you have in watching this new ball of fire. Makes life worthwhile doesn't it? I know our two new ones have helped to soften the loss of our Flossie.

Enjoy hearing about Fancy's adventures................

Ginger

+Quote Post
Dusty Moonrise
post Jun 22 2010, 01:35 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,909

QUOTE (Dusty Moonrise @ Apr 12 2010, 09:23 PM) *
Peta would never approve of my little Jack Russell Terror, Fancy! I need to keep a "kill list"...

And here she is with snake No. six, which was fortunately a non-poisonous chicken snake. Thank heavens Mississippi doesn't have a non-native python population like the 'glades in Florida!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:20 AM