6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jake's Story
My Doxie and Me
post Mar 22 2013, 11:18 PM
Post #61

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,200

Mr. Jack i have a question about the picture and thank you for your kind words..As jack stands strong a shadow is cast upon him
from behind a friend stands above jack as there shadows are one..What a beautyfull snap shot intime where love surrounds
a friend that Tells a story for that day in your heart as i know it holds great meaning...
Attached Image
Thank you for the image of Jake and a Dachshund running side by side Knowing both breeds is nothing more then trouble;..
Two Stubborn Strong Headed Beautiful Friends...As i have said before we are there care takers as we follow...

Mr.Jake i'am short on words tonight i do thank you for your kindness as i speak... i wish not to offend within the passing of are true friends
That hold are thoughts at night as we Dream...
Attached Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Mar 29 2013, 09:28 PM
Post #62

Mr.Jake

I just thought to stop by and wish you well i Found a Picture that represents Hope...Wishing you well...
Attached Image
Your a good man Jakes Human you have Photos intime to prove it...

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Mar 31 2013, 10:11 AM
Post #63

Member No.: 7,738

What a cute little bulldog puppy! You made me smile on a day when, like most holidays, I'm feeling the loss more than usual. Thanks for sending the picture and cheering me up. You are a kind and thoughtful person, My Doxie and Me. Hope you have a nice Easter.

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post May 18 2013, 08:53 PM
Post #64

To a friend Mr.Jack
Attached Image
True Viking...

Gabe Thank you for your kind words.. Yes they have healed me through your friends love as you write
I can hear his whispers as Mr. Jack ...

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post May 21 2013, 08:18 PM
Post #65

Member No.: 7,067

Hello Jake's Grandpa

Many thanks to you and Jake for coming to Rufus's biirthday party and for joining in the "prayer-hum" for Trevor's mom. As I said in the round robin e-mail: SHE PASSED.

Jake is such a wonderful dog. He makes you laugh as he walks, he frightens off danger with his jutting jaw and big teeth, and he makes you happy witih his great big soft heart.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post May 27 2013, 07:25 AM
Post #66

Todd and Jeanne, thank you for your comforting thoughts. Yes, Jake could look menacing, but he was really a big softie with a heart of gold. It has been 10 1/2 months since we lost him and I'm still grieving every day. I doubt that the profound sense of loss will ever go away. Thanks again for your kindness and my best to you both.

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post May 31 2013, 07:03 PM
Post #67

Mr. Jake Forgive me for my words as I sit watching a Dachshund in the window of life waiting for a friend...
Attached Image
As a Friend brings comfort and a sense of joy as we sit in time to choose a friends thoughts as one day they move beyond
Are touch as we are forced to kneel and Whisper the Names that Reach are Hearts...
Attached Image
Mr. Gabe please forgive me you write and I sit Beneath the Desk with a friend to see How much love and thought
that become your Silent words... Priceless as I can hear them like Chimes in the Wind of Life long friendship as you
care for a True Viking that stands by the one that he calls his Friend...Mr. Gabe I can see the Heart that has been Givin
by a Special friend even if he sits Beneath you he stands Taller with the Words you speak as I Kneel for Jake...
I Thank you for sharing a true friends life with a simple man that becomes in touch with a Beautiful life...
Attached Image
The leash of life that Becomes us holds are Hidden love for a friend as we speak are Broken words as we...Miss them..
As we call there name when we need strength;....As the leash of life calls are Friends name we kneel to hear the whispers
of a close friend that lays within are Heart as we speak for them....
Attached Image
We where with him when he peacefully took his last Breath...As you keep a Promise to a friend..

Your words to Jake are a Reflection of my own Thank you for sharing.

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Jun 10 2013, 07:53 AM
Post #68

Thank you, my friend.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jun 11 2013, 06:45 AM
Post #69

Good morning Jakes Grandpa

Ten and a half months. Oh Jake's grandpa, every day seems like a new anniversary and a reminder that we will never see our loved ones on this side of heaven. My first dog Gretta openen my heart to love and I though I would die when she went home. Soon she sent me Rufus the Goofus who patiently and plafully worked his way deep into my heart. For me it has been much sadder this time, expecially given what else is going on. The grinding, everyday pain may never go away. It reminds us how much we love them and how big a part of our hearts we exchanged with them. You're a man in a million, Jake's Grandpa, for so truly loving Jake. We're with you - like the proverbial reed that can so easliy be broken individually but who are indestructable when bound together. Thank you for everything, Jake' Granspa. Here's a big cyber hug and some strength rays coming to you.

Gretta and Rufus mom

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Jun 17 2013, 07:53 AM
Post #70

You are right, Gretta's Mom, they stole our hearts away. Now a part is missing, but I pray it will be restored again someday. Thanks for the hug and strength rays; I can certainly use them today.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jun 17 2013, 09:48 PM
Post #71

Good evening Jake's grandpa

there's an old spiritual that says "Sometimes I up, sometimes I'm down, sometimes I'm almost to the ground" And that's what grieving for a soul mate who was gone to the Perfect World feels like. When you are down and almost to the ground, remember we are with you, the Bob Squad and many others. You are not alone. People here DO get it because we have all been through it. I know this doesn't make the hurt go away, but it helps a little knowing that there is a place where people care about you and where you can go where we will share our strength and love.

Sleep well, Jake's Grandpa

Rufus and Grettas mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jun 19 2013, 06:28 AM
Post #72

Good morning Jake's Grandpa

Jake says to tell you to have a good day today and smile when you remember his antics, OK?

Rufus and Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Jun 19 2013, 10:04 AM
Post #73

You made me smile, Gretta's Mom. Thanks.

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Jun 21 2013, 05:01 PM
Post #74

Do Dogs Go To Heaven...
(Opus 4) By Dan Atcheson (5/20/00

My little bully passed away, no more to breathe a sound.
I held him for the last time, then entombed him in the ground.
Day and night I wept so much, in the tears I thought I'd drown.
I searched my soul for comfort, but no peace therein was found.
In great despair, I hit my knees and then began to pray.
"Father will I ever see, my friend again someday?"
I raised my eyes and saw an Angel standing near a gate.
I sensed an inner peace I'd never felt before that day.
The angel smiled and said to me, "Oh man of little faith"..
God sees every bird that falls; He knows your bully's fate.
I have met your friend, I saw him pass my way.
Your precious friend is still alive; he just walked through this gate...
Attached Image
Paradise is lovelier than you can comprehend.
No pain or grief, no tears or fears, and life will have no end.
God gave to man His only Son; to cover all his sins.
So why would God withhold from you, your pure and loving friend;
The angel took me by the hand and said, " Now come with me.
A glimpse of paradise I'll give, to you so you can see"
Through the gate and o'er the Rainbow Bridge we did proceed.
Through green valleys filled with flowers, rolling hills and trees.
Wow, so this is paradise!" The place filled with joy.
I saw my bully playing there, with dogs and cats and toys;
He also had some doggie treats, and food that he enjoyed;..
He'd made a lot of new friends there, including girls and boys.
Then I saw a child come near, and hug my little mate;
Attached Image
She said to him, " I love you so," and kissed him on the face;..
The angel said, "The child just crossed the Rainbow Bridge today.
God's love for her would be enough, in that make no mistake.
But in His love; He knew full well. the child would want a mate.
This is why God called your Friend Jake unto this splendid place.
God's entrusted her with him,'til you pass through the gate."
Attached Image
I pleaded, "May I hug them both?!" The angel answered, "No!
You'd violate a sacred place, and now it's time to go;"
He led me back across the Bridge and through the gate to Home.
He left me there with new-found hope and a peace within my soul.
If someone ever asks what happens to a friend that dies,
Just give a gentle smile of joy and look them in the eye.
Take their hand and comfort them and tell them not to cry.
For Dogs don't die, they simply cross a bridge to paradise.
Attached Image
To my Friend Jake as I look into your heart I find words so close to mine I break.....
Forgive me for these words I bring.. I find peace with them looking within your friends place...

Gabe you have given words of comfort just by standing next to Jake and I thank you for the picture of the Doxie and bully side by side
my friend always stands taller then I...So I kneel with whispers in hopes to catch a glimpse of my friend running across the Rainbow Bridge..
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Jun 25 2013, 07:16 AM
Post #75

That is beautiful, Todd. It must be raining in here, for my cheek is wet. Thank you for your kindness, friend.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jun 29 2013, 09:17 AM
Post #76

Oh Jake's grandpa

Aren't Doxie's poems truly amazing! They speak the language of the heart, not the brain, so they bypass our constant brain-thoughts and go right into the heart. My friend, you are a wonderful man. Not every man would have opened his heart to the world and let us know about the suffering that goes on in a grandpa's heart. So let's all join hands and hum for our animals children who have preceeded us into the Perfect World and tell them we're sad for a time but all our tears will be wiped away the moment we see them come racing up to us when it's our turn to cross over to join them in the Perfect World.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

P.S. Just becasue of Jake and you, I'm thinking a bulldog might be my next dog-boy. I have five steps going up into my apartment. How much of a problem will that be for a bulldog to climb?

B;essings always

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Jun 29 2013, 10:37 AM
Post #77

Yes, My Doxie and Me's words are a comfort to me, as are yours, Gretta's Mom. Thank goodness I found this place. It is a great help to know that there are others who understand our grief and pain, and who care about us.

As for the steps, they wouldn't be a problem for a bulldog. Jake routinely ran up and down the flight of stairs in our house with no trouble. The going up was easier than the coming down, but I taught him how to do it by putting a treat on every other step and helping him come down to get them. He picked up on it right away. They say bulldogs aren't very smart, but Jake was a pretty quick study and never forgot anything once he learned it.

You should be aware that English Bulldogs are relatively high maintenance creatures. They can have a lot of allergies and a few other things that may require more trips to the vet than some other breeds. Plus, they are not known for having long lifespans. You must also be very careful with your heart, because they will steal it away and won't ever give it back. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jun 29 2013, 03:11 PM
Post #78

Thank you for the heads up about English Bulldogs and their health problems. And their short lives in which they steal your heart and never give it back. That is a precious thought, Jake's Grandpa. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Jul 6 2013, 06:17 PM
Post #79

Member No.: 7,071

Dear Jake's Grandpa,

I thought I would stop by to say hello and to see how you are doing. I know this grief journey is super hard, but I hope you're feeling better day by day and remembering the things that Jake did to make you smile........I feel like I'm at a stand still in my grief journey, feeling better, but I miss our Mickey soooo much and I have my sad days.

Take care and God Bless You!

LoveMyMickey

My Doxie and Me,

Your poems and pictures are beautiful and are a comfort to everyone. I hope you are doing well....Thank you..

LoveMyMickey

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Jul 12 2013, 07:45 AM
Post #80

Hi, LoveMyMickey, and thanks for asking about me. Like you, I am doing better. I still miss Jake a great deal but, after almost a year, the pain is not so sharp. I can think of him with fondness and smile at the things he did, but always with a twinge of sadness. I suppose some of us never really get over the loss of a truly loved one, but that's OK; I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thanks again and may God bless you, too.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 08:01 PM